Grilled Chili Lime Chicken Fajita Salad



 
The challenge was on over here to make something Tex-Mex or with Mexican inspired flavours. But I’m over Tacos, (I know, don’t get me started on the sin this sentence is committing right now), and I’m over winter food.

 
Long story short, I wanted a salad. And if you’ve been following me for a while, you know by now that I don’t do rabbit salads, AKA starvation salads. I load them up with so much food there’s no chance of starving anything.


Just like the Balsamic Chicken Salad With Lemon Quinoa, or the Skinny Chicken and Avocado Caesar Salad, this Grilled Chilli Lime Chicken Fajita Salad is a meal in itself and packed with flavour!

 
Ingredients
Marinade/Dressing:
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 100 ml (just over 1/3 cup) freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
  • 2 cloves garlic , crushed
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon red chili flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Salad:
  • 4 chicken thigh fillets , skin removed (no bone)
  • 1/2 yellow bell pepper , deseeded and sliced
  • 1/2 red bell pepper , deseeded and sliced
  • 1/2 an onion , sliced
  • 5 cups Romaine (or cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
  • 2 avocados , sliced
  • Extra cilantro leaves to garnish
  • Sour cream (optional) to serve

Share this

Previous
Next Post »